Thursday, March 19, 2015

Winter 2014-2015


This is a winter update from me. It was not a good winter for me.  I dealt with a line infection, IV antibiotics at home, and a new central line placement all before Christmas.  I then became sick with a cold/bronchitis which took me out of commission for he month of January.  
I managed to help my hubby put up Christmas lights because there was no snow in December. It was a great time with family and friends. My bowling team had a little party, then we had parties with my Mom and then Dad's. I always love spending time with all my family. We also had a cookie making parting at the church with all the grandkids. It was special. It was also the first Christmas without my Uncle John. It was sad. His loss has rocked our family hard.




We got record breaking snowfalls and cold temperatures which all but home bounded me until the end of February.  Now that March is here I am feeling great. I am getting out of the house and doing more things. I am enjoy driving my daughter to and from dance and softball practices. I am working on getting more exercise because I put on 12 pounds over the winter.  I believe winters in the north are especially hard on people with breathing and heart issues.  The cold air makes it hard for me to breath and the snow makes walking more difficult too.  





My PH is not the worst so I did managed to bowl pretty good all winter on my leagues. A couple weeks ago I got this great new bowling ball and a new pair of shoes.  I am already bowling better.  I even beat my hubby a couple times! Here's proof!!! LOL 


Spring is opening my heart and mind with the flowers. I am getting out of my funk. I hope everyone else is getting out to smell the flowers and see that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel!

Here are so knitting projects I finished over the winter. Knitting is my passion and I love it. It makes me feel like even though I can't work or make money outside the home due to my illness, I am still giving something of myself to the world that I create with my hands.







No comments:

Post a Comment