Sunday, May 9, 2010

Spinning Yarn



Ok, I know I am only 30, but I recently sent away for my first drop spindle. The idea of creating my own yarn is something I have wanted to do since I began knitting 3 years ago. Believe me when I say that it's not just old people knitting anymore!! One day I decided to pick up a "Teach yourself to knit" book and that was it, I was hooked! I have knitted hats, mittens, scarves, American Girl Doll outfits, socks, bags and ipod cases. I also crochet. My Grandma Grow taught me when I was 10 years old and now that she is gone, I feel close to her through crochet. I am hoping one day to teach Brianna how to knit and crochet. Here is my first ply of colored Merino that I bought off Etsy.com from a Michigan Sheep farm. It is so soft and easy to spin so far. I am a park and draft spinner. I learned from many youtube.com videos. I am planing to make a pair of soft socks with this yarn. Wish me luck. It might take me a long time to finish because of the big move coming up and all the packing work that needs done.

No comments:

Post a Comment