Sunday, January 26, 2014

My Spinning Wheel


 I want to introduce you to my Spinning Wheel. I got it February 2013. I have got to play with it for almost a year.  I love it!!  It is an Ashford Kiwi. I purchased it through The Woolery. They have great customer service.
 
It came with a lot of different pieces to put together.  I decided to stain my wheel with Mins Wax in a natural color.  I let that dry for a day the then my hubby helped me put it together.  I got a Jumbo flyer kit with my wheel and 2 pounds of wonderful fiber. 

 Assembled!!

This is my first attempt at spinning a 2 ply. It is 100% Alpaca. It was so soft and yummy!!


Spinning while watching TV. It is very nice after a long day to just unwind and spin away the day.


Falkland fiber.

  Here is the Alpaca washed. It fluffed up!




I really enjoy the feeling of slowing down and doing something my ancestors did centuries ago. It is a wonderful apocalyptic skill to have too!! (As my hubby points out, LOL). I can spin yard for everything to knitting socks, sweaters, rugs, and maybe the occasional gun slung or a rope to tie up zombies!!  Spinning is a wonderful stress reliever and I have a wonderful feeling of accomplishment when I am knitting with yarn that I have created with my own hand, made from sheep I watched get shorn. I hope everyone has something special in their lives that is fulfilling and enjoyable and fills you with life and passion!  

No comments:

Post a Comment